Sunday, November 4, 2012

Review: Foretold


 Stand by as Riley prepares to kick some serious demon butt for the last time in this thrilling, dramatic and sexy conclusion to The Demon Trappers series.

Riley’s always known that Beck had a chequered history, but she’s not prepared for what it actually means to be in love with a guy with this many dark secrets. Now that he’s finally admitted to himself that he’s in love with her too, there’s no more hiding the truth about his past. And as it turns out, fending off a demon apocalypse is nothing compared to what’s to come..





US cover:
This book comes out in December in the US.

Source: Publisher(Thanks PanMacmillan!)

My Thoughts:

This is the FINAL book in the Demon Trappers series. 

Recently I haven't been satisfied with quite a few endings (like ending to Hex Hall series ) so I was very wary of this book.I had been dying to read it but I was stiff wary of it.

I'm glad to say that I was satisfied with the ending.

This book was predictable in a lot of parts and I was a little disappointed with a few things but I enjoyed this novel .

This book has two distinct storylines. One part deals with Beck's past and the other deals with Hell and Heaven.

I really enjoyed getting to know more about Beck's past and finding out what kind of parents he had. I loved the part in which Riley and Beck's mother had a "talk".It was nice to see Beck vulnerable and know how people treated him in his hometown .

The Heaven and Hell storyline surprised me.I, for one thought that part of the story had been resolved but it has been a year since I've read book #3 so it's possible that I've forgotten some things.

I love the fact that Jana Oliver has given this series a proper ending. I don't think there can be any more books in this series and I'm okay with that.Too many series just don't END! (eg. Morganville Vampires) 

The ending of a book should leave you satisfied and feeling good.This book does just that.I'm glad that I picked up this series and I will definitely be picking up more books by Jana Oliver.

My Rating:

4.5 /5

GREAT END to a series!




5 comments:

  1. I still haven't finished this series. I got really into it but I just haven't picked up the next one yet. Nice review! I think I'll definitely have to check it out.
    Amy @ TeenyReader

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen that cover before. It looks amazing, though. I actually just started this series, but I looove it <3 Great review! Now I definitely have to make sure I keep up with the series.

    ~(Annie) & Demi
    http://characterized.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never, ever do this. I just don't. But I have to do it just this one time. SQUEEEEEEE!!! I am so stinkin excited about this book. I am so sad to see it go. I am all kinds of everything when it comes to this series. It has been amazing since the get go. I can't wait to see how the story ends. Thanks for the review, and for getting me more excited about a fantastic read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to that: series need good endings! I'm glad you found it here :) Great review, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to read this series! I actually enjoy reading series more once they're finished because then there is no waiting involved ;) So glad to here that there is a satisfying end to the series. You're right. A lot of series don't end, but I think the best series and authors know when to wrap everything up nicely. Great review!

    Jesse @ Pretty in Fiction

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...