Friday, June 8, 2012

Review: If I Die


 No one wants to be this teacher's pet…

The entire school’s talking about the gorgeous new math teacher, Mr Beck. That is, everyone except Kaylee Cavanaugh. After all, Kaylee’s no ordinary high-school junior. She’s a banshee — she screams when someone dies. 

But the next scream might be for Kaylee. 

Yeah — it’s a shock to her, too. So to distract herself, Kaylee’s going to save every girl in school. Because that hot new teacher is really an incubus who feeds on the desire of unsuspecting students. The only girls immune to his lure are Kaylee and Sabine — her boyfriend’s needy ex-girlfriend. Now the unlikely allies have to get rid of Mr Beck…before he discovers they aren’t quite human, either. 

But Kaylee’s borrowed lifeline is nearing its end. And those who care about her will do anything to save her life. Anything


Source: Bought


Note: Younger Readers cautioned


Warning: This is more of a rant and less of a review


My Thoughts:


After the disaster that was Book #4 (see my review) I picked this book up after a LOT of reconsideration.I was very close to abandoning this series but someone  told me that there's more Tod in this book and that pretty much convinced me to pick this one up because I LOVE TOD .


Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent

This book was SO GOOD!  I thought no book could top My Soul To Keep but this one was AHMAZING!

There were so many parts where all I could think was "OMG!!!!"
^This pretty much sums up my expression

Then there were parts when I was like 

FINALLY!
I even did the Happy Dance!

AND  Towards the end....

Ok now let's get down to the proper review

 I was beginning to give up on Kaylee ,but in this book she reminded me why I loved her so much... She knows she's dying and instead of curling up in a corner and weeping ,she decides to track down an evil bad guy.KAYLEE I RESPECT YOU SO MUCH ! There were parts when I thought Kaylee would  be a bit too mature about her impending death but she wasn't .She asks Nash for an unexpected favor as soon as she finds out that she's going to die.Which annoyed me at first but then I realized that she's DYING and she's never going to experience that ever if she doesn't do it soon.So I understood and supported her decision even though I absolutely hate Nash with all my body and soul.

Nash started to grow on me a little in this novel because you can clearly see the boy cares for Kaylee and is willing to do anything to make sure she is happy but by the end of the novel I still don't like him.He did some pretty unforgivable things in this novel.*Sigh* Right when he was beginning to grow on me too.Looks like Nash and I are not meant to get along.I'm sorry Nash but I continue to despise you more and more...

I actually liked Sabine in this novel.She does grow on you.

Emma was amazing in this novel.I wish I have a friend like her someday who would be able to take things in so coolly.

Tod was the best in this novel.He was sarcastic as usual but we got to see his sensitive side.Plus he was so supportive of Kaylee and we realize that he's always going to be there for her.

So many emotions were felt by me while I was reading this book. The story also had so many unexpected twists and turns.I loved every moment of this book and  I'm SO GLAD that I own it because I'm going to re-read it many times. 

Overall,this book is amazing and completely worth your time.Dying to read the next book (Before I Wake)

My Rating:

5/5

LOVED!

Note : ALL BOOKS IN THE SOUL SCREAMER SERIES ARE BELOW $10 IN BOOK DEPOSITORY (last time I checked) So you can easily win a copy of any ONE book in the series if you enter my 500 followers Giveaway.

Don't forget to check out my 500 Followers Giveaway!

7 comments:

  1. Love Love Love LOVE the GIFs! So accurate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew...when you said rant, I was a little worried, because I THOUGHT you mentioned liking this one. lol But that's awesome this one was so much better. I liked the sound of the summary, so I think I'd enjoy it. Gotta get on this series at some point though...

    Loved the gifs. Sometimes they are just the BEST way to showcase your emotions.

    Lauren from www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This must be REALLY good. I actually won this book in a giveaway once but I still need to read the others. :P
    Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I REALLY need to get around to reading this series - I've heard so much good stuff about it!!

    Soon....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahaha I love your use of pictures in the review! I haven't checked this series out, but apparently I need to! Thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've actually just won volume one of the Soul Screamers and can't wait to read it. This series sounds really great! Love the pictures btw!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This book does sound like a good read, and i love your GIF's which i think are fantastic and project ones feelings perfectly! This is a book that i am definately adding to my to-read shelf, thank you so much (one can't get better than a 5* review).

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...