Saturday, April 28, 2012

Review:Untouched


Untouched (Denazen #1.5)
Until he met Dez, Kale’s days were filled with violence and death. He was used as a weapon of destruction by the power hungry men of Denazen. He’s a Six. A person with an abnormal ability. Some people call them gifts, but not Kale. Kale’s touch means instant death.

But now there’s Dez, the girl he can touch, and they’re hunting down Sixes and warning them about Denazen. Kale is learning about the world outside captivity and trying to put his dark past behind him. But they underestimated how badly Denazen wanted him back.

When Dez sacrifices herself to save the new Six they’d rescued from falling into the corp’s hands, Kale is lost. Denazen has brought out its best to get the job done. Samsen, a nightmare from Kale’s past—the only person he’s ever truly feared—has come for them, and it soon becomes obvious he has his own twisted agenda.

Kale will need all his training to get Dez back and ensure they make it out, free—and alive. But will it be enough?

Source: Entangled Publishing for review.
My Thoughts:
This is a short novella from Kale's point of view.

I liked this story.I've always wanted to get inside Kale's head and I thought we could really see why he's so attached to Dez in this novella.

This book was short but I had fun reading it.Dez was as awesome as ever and Samsen is a pretty scary villain .


To tell you the truth this book didn't really quench my need for Toxic (book 2 ) because pretty much nothing that is very important to the main story-line takes place in this book (I can't be sure about that till I read book 2).


I liked getting inside Kale's head and seeing that he's not as innocent as he comes across and he can be pretty scary.I also liked getting to know Samsen,a person who's from his past and realize that there's a VERY good reason that he hates Denazen so much.


I think after reading this book I've realized that I wouldn't mind if parts of Toxic or Book 3  are written from Kale's point of view ..........but I like experiencing the main story  from Dez's point of view a little bit more because she's a little  LOT more crazy than Kale and I can connect with Dez a little bit more.


Overall,I'd recommend people to read this novella to get a peak into how Kale thinks and to  those looking for a fun and light read .Plus it's only $0.99 .BUT if you have more money to spare I'd recommend you buy Touch (THAT BOOK IS AWESOME) or If you've already read that pre-order Toxic.





2 comments:

  1. Oh yeah I def. liked Touch more, but as a short story I loved getting inside Kale's mind he's just so much fun. Glad you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound like a really good read, and sometimes i do like to read novella's rather than a lengthy novel. I am definately going to have a look for this series and Touch, and see what they are like. Thank you for your review and for drawing my attention to this author and thier work.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...