Monday, June 20, 2011

My thoughts on Nightshade

I usually give a star rating to the books I read but I have VERY mixed feelings about these books.I didn't hate them and I didn't like them either.These books cannot be tagged as 2stars/3stars etc. These are NOT negative reviews(My negative reviews are brutal!).These are my thoughts.....


Lets start with

Nightshade by Andrea Cremer 
Calla Tor has always known her destiny: After graduating from the Mountain School, she'll be the mate of alpha wolf Ren Laroche and fight with him, side by side, ruling their pack and guarding sacred sites for the Keepers.

But when she violates her masters' laws by saving a beautiful human boy out for a hike, Calla begins to question her fate, her existence, and the very essence of the world she has known. By following her heart, she might lose everything— including her own life. Is forbidden love worth the ultimate sacrifice?

Source:Borrowed from friend
Note:Younger Readers strongly cautioned
Cover :The reason I picked up this book is because of the eye catching cover.I'm not saying I love it but it's different.

MY THOUGHTS:
What I liked:Calla was a very strong protagonist.I really liked her.The story is interesting and you can't deny the fact that you are hooked,if you finished it off in a day(I did!).
I am definitely looking forward to the sequel Wolfsbane.


Oh I forgot to mention ,I really liked Ren!


What I didn't like:Calla's hormonal problem.One moment she's kissing one guy and in the next ,kissing another!I also found the pace of the novel to be pretty slow in the beginning.

What really bothered me about this novel is the fact that I couldn't connect with any of the characters.I liked Calla but sometimes I really wanted to hit her and tell her to stand up against Ren.

External Links:People who loved this novel  (review here.)
                                     People who did not care for this novel here.(please ignore the wording!)



9 comments:

  1. it's nice to see a bit more of a neutral response to this book!! Whenever a book get's all positive gushing reviews I get nervous b/c I usually hate them...feel a bit better about reading this now aha.
    Thanks for sharing =]

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you about the
    What I liked/didn't like parts..
    I love that Calla quickly comes into focus, it was a good start.
    It wasn't my fav. book in this year, and while I was reading I thought " Hmm..I don't know if i like it so much.."
    BUT, at the end, somehow I still said “Nooo!” as I rushed to my computer to find out when Book 2 comes out...

    The reason I wanted to read this book sooo much is because of the eye catching cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Cait, it's nice to see a neutral response. I'd much rather a review was honest with how they felt about a book, than feign interest.

    I haven't read this one yet and I'm still on the fence about it. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just recently finished reading this book and I really enjoyed it is some parts, other areas it was just "okay". I actually can't wait until the second book comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SHE SOUNDS LIKE A FICKLE WOMEN! but I would still like to read it!
    sorry for the caps I promise I wasn't yelling
    veltara(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read books and had the same dislikes and wanted to just smack some since into the characters in it. I'm trying to decide if I want to read this or not.

    sstrode at scrtc dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Cait: Same here.Sometimes,I think I just shouldn't read reviews at All.

    @Andie and Veronica: The cliffhanger ending,was the best thing about this book.

    @Indigo:Thanks,I was actually nervous about writing this one as everyone WAS gushing about it.

    @aurora:Sometimes she did act like a fickle woman and caps can be used for excitement too :P

    @Sherry:Hope this review helped

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a really good review! :) I have noticed that most reviews of this book are either in complete favour or complete hate. You are pretty neutral, which is nice to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. *sigh* Ren. Whenever I see any of this books I only stop to think about Ren. He is the only reason I found Nightshade tolerable.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and your blog link(if you have one).I LOVE comments!! I read all the comments on my blog and will try to pay a visit to your blog :D

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...